Tuesday 13 January 2015

Creating Wilderness


The font I used is 'Muro' from DaFont.com. I chose this font because it was most similar to my original design. I used the 'wide screen' effect because this allows me to put the date on the bottom right where it will look more organised. 

I used rulers to ensure my text would look neat. As 'Wilderness' was split, this meant that 'wil-der-ness' would look asymmetrical because of the four letters in 'ness' opposed to three in the others. To balance this I added 'combining music and lifestyle' in the same font below to help to create more symmetry. 
I used masks for circles and adjusted the 'feather' level which allowed me to achieve a spotlight effect. 



I added the text for my cover line in one of the circles and moved it to the center. I also changed the image to black and white to see if it would look better. 
The lines/box was another idea but the text did not stand out as much so I used the original spotlight design. 
Colour looked better and so did the original positions, so I changed it back and used multiple fonts which reflects what is used for most indie cafes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment